Selecting the right cyanoacrylate adhesive manufacturer for your business needs is vital to ensure that you are able to deliver your products on time, at the right price and in compliance with your quality standards.
So how do you go about choosing the best instant CA glue manufacturer for your applications? Here are some tips for choosing a manufacturer of industrial instant adhesives for your business.
Criteria for selecting a cyanoacrylate adhesive manufacturer:
- Level of sophistication of the quality management system (QMS): A QMS is a formalized system that documents processes, procedures, and responsibilities for achieving quality policies and objectives. A QMS helps coordinate and direct a company’s activities to meet customer and regulatory requirements and improve its effectiveness and efficiency on a continuous basis. ISO 9001 is the international standard specifying requirements for quality management systems and is the most prominent approach to quality management systems.
- Past experience and performance: You need a trusted advisor to provide the expertise and experience needed from product design and development to field testing of your production assembly process. Identify companies with the technical experts and track record to recommend and formulate cyanoacrylate adhesives having the specific performance properties for your unique application.
- Broad product line: A comprehensive range of cyanoacrylate adhesives, primers, accelerators and setters provides a single source for technical support and products that bond a wide range of substrates and that have the specific physical properties required for your applications.
- Willingness to partner in developing custom formulations: Standard products cannot always meet the needs of all applications. Look for a manufacturer that will work with your production engineers to find the optimal instant adhesive solution for your application. Custom formulations could require specific viscosity requirements, curing speeds, UV tracer dyes or color dyes. The end result of these custom formulations will increase your efficiency, productivity and overall quality of your products.
- Technical support availability: Manufacturing processes and requirements are uniquely different. Because environmental conditions and processes vary, technical support assistance and consulting is important to provide the best possible solution. This support can take many forms including 1) on-site engineering assistance and consulting, 2) Prototype testing and preparation 3) Analytical services to determine surface conditions and degree of cure and 4) laboratory services and testing.
A wide range of laboratory services and testing capabilities ensures that your end product will be of the highest possible quality.
- Process teardowns – identify bottlenecks, document cost reductions, and identify areas for innovation and opportunities for adhesive improvements
- Adhesive performance – to maximize performance, we evaluate the effect of process, substrate variables, and environmental conditions on bond strength on customer supplied assemblies.
- Process optimization – to improve your efficiencies, we identify optimum processing conditions for all adhesive assembly processes.
- Physical testing, environmental conditions and surface analysis including thermal shock, heat aging, humidity shock and tensile properties.
Choosing the right manufacturer can be a complex process. By implementing selection criteria, it’s possible to identify companies that will work with you to provide the quality you need for meeting the demands of your customers.